| || ||
| YOU ARE VIEWING ARTICLE - ID:20110711020 |
|Title:||Success Doncaster Keeps Working|
|Author:||Success Doncaster |
|ID & Publication:||20110711020 ~ The-Villager.co.uk |
|Subject:||Community News |
Doncaster Council provides access to business support activities that aim to boost enterprise in Doncaster by helping more people to start their own business, support sustainable business growth and increase the success rate of existing local businesses. This specialist support is available via the Success Doncaster programme.
Thousands of Doncaster businesses and individuals will continue to receive support from the programme which provides specialist help and advice for new start businesses and existing businesses alongside support for individuals into work, skills and self employment.
Since October 2007 the programme has supported 28,376 businesses and individuals (including 7927 debt counselling assistance and 882 financial business support) 1346 new Business Start-ups, 2723 jobs created and 1589 people into employment.
Peter Davies, Mayor of Doncaster and Portfolio holder for Business and New Enterprise said ‘I am delighted that we are continuing this support. Offering this service for a further two years is great news for the people of Doncaster.
‘We know that business and jobs are key to the town’s future success, so we will do all we can to make Doncaster a place that creates and brings more jobs to boost the local economy’ he added.
If you are looking to start up a business or develop an existing business there is a wide range of support available to help you succeed including:
• Help with identifying a viable business idea and help with making new contacts through networking opportunities
• Specialist support for existing businesses including growing and developing your business, drawing up a business plan, marketing, branding, exploring new markets and identifying opportunities online.
• Help in overcoming barriers to growth, support with accessing funding and help finding cost effective and flexible premises.
• Support with taking the first steps towards setting up a new business
• Mentoring support from a bank of established entrepreneurs and business owners. Their support and mentoring could really make a difference to your future.
‘We are extremely proud of our achievements and very pleased that we are able to continue to deliver the programme for a further two years. The programme has made a real impact to the local economy over the last 3 years and we have developed strong relationships with many partners ensuring our clients benefit from the wide range of support available, from business idea through to business success.’ acknowledged Julie Wilson, Success Doncaster Programme Manager.
For more information on how the Success Doncaster programme could help you, contact one of our friendly advisors today on 01302 734554 or visit www.successdoncaster.co.uk
Success Doncaster is part financed by the European Union and has attracted investment from the European Regional Development Fund as part of Europe’s support for the region’s economic development through the Yorkshire and Humber ERDF Programme.
There are no pictures to accompany this article
| Search Villager Archives for similar articles||[Top..]|| |