| || ||
| YOU ARE VIEWING ARTICLE - ID:20130811027 |
|Title:||A-Level achievement for Doncaster students|
|ID & Publication:||20130811027 ~ The-Villager.co.uk |
Doncaster students are today celebrating success after achieving above the national pass rate at A-Level for the first time in four years.
Out of 1,028 learners, 99.1 per cent* achieved one or more passes at grades A-E compared with a national figure of 98.1 per cent, with at least nine schools achieving a 100 per cent pass rate.
Average points scores per student, an entry requirement for further education, was just under 640 with 5.3 per cent achieving A* grades and 12.7 per cent A* to A grades.
Doncaster Mayor Ros Jones said: ‘These results are a credit to all the young people who have put in so much hard work - and all those who have supported them during their studies. Congratulations must go to them and I am delighted to see that for the first time in four years Doncaster’s A-Level results are above the national average. I wish all of the students the best with their future careers.’
Help and guidance for students on results, clearing and next steps is available by calling the Department for Education’s Exam Helpline on 0808 100 8000, or logging onto www.ucas.com.
Doncaster Council is committed to helping young people achieve. The Skills Made Easy team within Business Doncaster is working in partnership with local businesses to create a wide range of new apprenticeship opportunities across the borough.
The website - www.businessdoncaster.com/vacancies - gives an example of just some of the apprenticeship opportunities currently on offer.
The Skills Made Easy team will be outside the Frenchgate/Clock Corner on Thursday 15 and Thursday 22 August, between 9am-4pm talking to people who have got their exam results or anyone who may be looking for work /apprentice positions.
• These figures are based on results from 11 schools out of 16 schools in Doncaster.
• The overall pass rate figure for Doncaster reflects the national performance indicator as published on www.dfe.gov.uk
• At least nine Doncaster Schools have achieved a record 100 per cent pass rate:
- Balby Carr Community Sports College.
- Campsmount(A Cooperative Academy).
- Hall Cross Academy.
- Mexborough School
- Outwood Academy Adwick
- Ridgewood School
- The Hayfield School
- The McAuley Catholic High School.
- Trinity Academy.
• Overall statistics exclude performance at Doncaster College. Doncaster Council is still awaiting the results of the Schools Partnership Trust which include Ash Hill Academy, De Warenne Academy, Don Valley Academy and Rossington All Saints Academy. Danum Academy are also yet to deliver results to the Council.
• Help and guidance for students on results, clearing and next steps is available by calling the DfE’s Exam Helpline on 0808 100 8000 and by logging onto the national UCAS website www.ucas.com
There are no pictures to accompany this article
| Search Villager Archives for similar articles||[Top..]|| |