| || ||
| YOU ARE VIEWING ARTICLE - ID:20140811003 |
|Title:||What’s Next For Doncaster?|
|Author:|| Doncaster Chamber of Commerce |
|ID & Publication:||20140811003 ~ The-Villager.co.uk |
|Subject:||Business News |
Over the last decade Doncaster has undergone significant transformation with a range of key projects being delivered that will have a long term impact on the town and its economy. These include: Doncaster Sheffield Airport, Doncaster Racecourse, The Hub, Frenchgate, Keepmoat Stadium, White Rose Way, the Civic and Cultural Quarter, CAST, the Yorkshire Wildlife Park and many more besides. Over the next few years we will see the delivery of the iPort, FARRRS link road and other critical schemes.
Few, if any, northern towns could match this pace of development; we now need to work hard on making sure that these schemes bring tangible benefits to Doncaster’s existing businesses, local communities and Doncaster’s young people.
The key schemes mentioned above have given Doncaster some momentum and, at the time of writing, local firms are reporting increasing confidence and bullishness about their prospects over the coming years. Nonetheless, we owe it to Doncaster’s businesses and communities to remain restless and impatient for more growth, more projects and more opportunities. That is why the Chamber and its private sector members are keen to galvanise debate between businesses, politicians, stakeholders and communities alike about ‘what next?’.
The Doncaster Chamber has produced a 'Big Ideas'' document which includes twenty questions along the lines of ‘Should Doncaster…’. Some of these ideas are reasonably well thought out, others are purely aspirational, one or two are slightly hair brained. The Chamber is not, yet, advocating, these schemes and few – if any of these schemes – have a practical delivery plan attached to them. The important thing is that all parties join in with this debate and that, collectively, Team Doncaster starts to consider what its next moves should be.
We hope that businesses and communities will find this list of questions stimulating – or at the very least – entertaining, and we are encouraging people to join the Chamber in debating ‘what next?’ for Doncaster.
Join the debate:
• On the Chamber's LinkedIn Forum here: www.linkedin.com/groups/Big-Ideas-Doncaster-driving-next-2683489.S.5844043907297472512
• Email the Chamber at our dedicated email address - email@example.com
• On Twitter @DNChamber using #DoncasterBigIdeas
• Doncaster Chamber of Commerce is a membership organisation that has supported and represented Doncaster’s private sector for over seventy years.
• We are completely independent and accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce, a network of over 50 Chambers throughout the UK.
• Our mission is to ‘inspire success in business’ and we do this by offering a range of services and opportunities that will: help businesses reduce costs, meet new customers, and contribute to overall business improvement. We have broken down our extensive range of services into three easily digestible categories: Solutions for Business, Opportunities for Business and Savings for Business.
• We also lobby local and national government about the key issues affecting the private sector.
• In addition to this we offer a range of support services for new Business Start Ups.
• Please contact Communications Manager Kate McMinn for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.doncaster-chamber.co.uk
There are no pictures to accompany this article
| Search Villager Archives for similar articles||[Top..]|| || |